How to disable Write Protection from USB Drive? Are you looking for a way how to disable write protection from your USB drive? Then you are in the right place.
In this article, I’ll tell you how easily you can disable write protection from your USB drive.
By using this method you will be able to disable the write protection from any flash drives. One method for all kinds of drives, like Pendrive, Hard Drive, or SD cards.
So, let’s start.
What is Write Protection in USB drives?
Write protection in any USB drives or in any Pendrives means you will not be able to copy and paste files in this USB drive. In short, the USB drive is only readable.
The system can only read any data in this USB drive but it has no right to write anything in this USB drive. Even you cannot be able to create any folder or file in this USB drive.
Why has my USB become Write Protected?
When the USB drive gets full with files or near to that, it is common to get this Write Protection messages when you are trying to paste or copy any file in it.
Sometimes when you are trying to paste any large file, you may also face this issue.
How to Disable Write Protection from USB Drive
You can easily disable Write Protection from USB drive, For that, you need to use Comand Prompt in your Windows PC. The Command Prompt is the simplest way to do this.
And you can do it from any version of Windows. Windows 10, Windows 8, or 7, no problem.
To do that,
- The fastest way you can open Command Prompt by launching Run box (Win+R) and type in “CMD” and then OK. In Windows 10, you can search “CMD” or “Command Prompt” in the Search Bar.
- After launching Command Prompt, type “DiskPart” and hit enter. (You have to allow the administrative permission to do so)
- Microsoft DiskPart window will be opened up.
- Type in “List Disk” and hit enter. All the drives inserted in this PC or laptop will show up.
- If your USB drive is showing Disk 1, then type in “Select Disk 1” and enter. A message will show that this disk is now selected.
- Now type in “Attributes Disk Clear Readonly” and hit enter.
- You will see this disk attributes cleared successfully.
Now check your USB drive pasting any file in it. It will be working absolutely fine.
Read More: 7 Tips How to Speed Up Windows 10
How to Write Protect my USB Drive?
If you want to make your USB drive write protected you can do so.
It will help you in many ways.
- Your data will not be lost by accidentally if you press the delete key.
- If you insert your USB drive to any computer, it will not get infected is the PC is infected one.
- No one can steal your data in the first attempt.
- You can secure your project and important documents.
To do that follow these steps.
- Open Command Prompt
- Type “DiskPart” and hit enter and allow Administrator permission
- Type in “List Disk” and hit enter
- Choose the USB drive. If it is showing Disk 1, then type in “Select Disk 1” and hit enter. You will see the message Disk 1 is selected.
- Now type in “Attributes Disk Set Readonly” and hit enter.
- Task Completed.
So this is how you can make your Pendrive or USB disk completely Write Protected.
There are a lot of ways to fix that issue. But I found this method is simple and less complicated than other methods. After all, we just need quality output. So try these steps.
Anything to tell me? Ask me in the comment section.